faith ~ family ~ home

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Quite Time and the Moon

I have always loved the moon.  There's just something so pretty and mysterious about it.  It changes every day and is always lovely regardless of the phase it's in.  The photo above was taken this morning, just before sunrise.

When I take photos of the moon, it is typically very quiet, as I'm either up very late or very early.  I do not sleep very much, so I'm actually a night owl and an early bird.  Last one to bed at night and the first one up every day. 

I do enjoy the quietness and stillness of the early mornings and late nights.  Most of the time, I'm out there watching the moon after all the neighborhood dogs have gone to sleep or before the rush of the day begins.  Sometimes I can hear the coyotes howling in the distance or a train steadily moving down the tracks.  But mostly I hear the sounds of peace.  Something we all need in our lives every day.  Sweet, precious peace.  Nothing can replace it. 

Do you also enjoy looking at the moon? 

From gorgeous full moons...
...to the tiniest crescents, I love them all. 

A very short post today, but I hope you all enjoy it anyway.   Wishing you all good health, happiness and peace!